Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such and the IPU is not responsible for the content or the privacy statements of these websites. If you have any issues or queries relating to such websites, please contact the third party providers directly.
Personal information we collect
- If you are a member of the IPU (“Member”) and you log in to the Members’ section of the Website, the time and date of log-in is recorded and stored under your username. A Member can be identified by their username.
- Whether a Member or not, if you register to attend an event or course hosted, organised or run by us or you make an online payment, submit a query online, use our online feedback, email us or, as a Member, you renew your membership online, we will collect a variety of information including your name, home and/or business mailing address, email address, home and/or business telephone number, mobile number, pharmacy/business name, IPU membership number, PSI number and credit card information and any other personal data which you volunteer.
Non-personal information we collect
The Website gathers statistical and other analytical information on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis of all visitors (including Members) who visit the Website. This information provides general and not individually specific information such as the number of people who visit the Website, the number of people who return to the Website, what browser they use, what pages on the website they visit, keywords used in search engines, search terms used and where they were before they came to the Website.
How we use personal information
The IPU will process any personal information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To provide the services and support you require;
- To send you information or other forms of communication that you register for;
- To contact you about or to send you information or materials relating to or arising from events or courses that you register for;
- To customise the content and information you receive and our communication with you;
- Collect and refund money and deal with complaints and queries relating to any payments and refunds;
- To respond to any feedback or queries submitted by you to the IPU; and/or
- Conduct research and analysis.
How we use non-personal information
Non-personal information will be used to get an understanding of where visitors to the Website come from. This information helps the IPU monitor traffic on the Website so that it can manage the Website’s capacity and efficiency. It also helps the IPU to understand which parts of the Website are most popular and generally to access user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Website, as well as to improve the Website and enhance your online experience.
Browsers are initially set up to accept Cookies but you can reset your browser to erase or block such technologies. However, doing this may affect your ease of use of the Website.
Disclosure to third parties
The IPU will also disclose your personal information in response to a valid, legally compliant request by a competent authority or in response to a court order or otherwise in compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request or other statutory requirement; to enforce the Terms & Conditions including the investigation of potential violations thereof; to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of the IPU, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Update, correct and delete personal information
You may amend, update or delete your personal information at any time by contacting the IPU by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or in writing to the Irish Pharmacy Union, Butterfield House, Butterfield Avenue, Dublin 14. The IPU will not retain your personal information any longer than is necessary for the purposes associated with the Website.
You are also entitled to be provided with details of the personal information which the IPU holds about you. To request a copy of this information, a request must be made in writing giving details with which the IPU can identify you along with an administration fee of €6.35 (payable by cheque to “Irish Pharmacy Union”). Information will be furnished within 40 days of receipt of the written request. Any request should be made to Ms Aoibheann Ní Shúilleabháin, Irish Pharmacy Union, Butterfield House, Butterfield Avenue, Dublin 14.
Security of personal information
The nature of the internet is such that the IPU cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to the IPU. No transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, the IPU will take all appropriate measures (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect against unauthorised access to, alteration of, disclosure of or destruction of your personal information.
If you have any queries, please contact the IPU by email at email@example.com, by telephone at 01 493 6401 or in writing to the Irish Pharmacy Union, Butterfield House, Butterfield Avenue, Dublin 14.
Notification of changes
Last updated: 21 December 2017