About the IPU
Membership of the IPU provides you with the professional support and advice you need in your day-to-day practice as a community pharmacist.
The Irish Pharmacy Union is the professional, representative organisation for community pharmacists in Ireland. Our vision is to be the authoritative voice of community pharmacy and the driving force in the evolution of accessible, equitable and patient-focused primary healthcare.
The IPU exists to:
– Advocate, advance and protect the role of the pharmacist at the centre of primary healthcare;
– Value and demonstrate the contribution pharmacy makes to our patients and communities;
– Promote, challenge and support our profession to embrace opportunity;
– Cherish our heritage and traditions; and
– Mentor the next generation of pharmacists.
The IPU supports pharmacists’ professional and service development through education and training courses, to enhance their knowledge as a pharmacist, and by advocating for extended professional roles for community pharmacy. In addition, we support members in dealing with PSI inspections, Fitness to Practise, HSE PCRS queries and any other issues that arise. We make ongoing representations to the Department of Health (DoH), HPRA, HSE/PCRS, PSI and other bodies on behalf of members.
Click here for more information on becoming a member.