A delegation from the IPU including the Vice-President Ann-Marie Horan, the Honorary Treasurer Tom Murray and the Chair of PCC Kathy Maher, gave a presentation to members of the Oireachtas in Leinster House on Tuesday 26 September. The presentation titled 'Unlocking the Potential in Community Pharmacy' addressed the following topics:
• Widening the scope of Minor Ailments;
• Direct access to contraception via community pharmacies;
• Appointment of a Chief Pharmaceutical Officer (CPO);
• Addressing administrative burdens in the pharmacy; and
• Investing in community pharmacy with a particular emphasis on the dispensing fee.
The presentations concluded with a robust Q & A session with Oireachtas members.
Pictures from the event are available here.